StudioPress has launched the latest version of the Genesis Framework – Genesis Framework 2.3. The Genesis Framework comes with new features, fixing bug reports and enhancements. Although, there are no big changes in this release, the big changes come in Genesis Framework 2.4. It is recommended to all users that they must update Genesis Framework to the latest version as soon as possible but before updating it to the latest version make sure that you backup your files & database. To backup files & databases, it’s recommended to use the BackupBuddy WordPress Backup plugin.
The Genesis 2.3 comes with a number of improved features like a simplified stylesheet, update to theme tags in style.css and more. There are a number of bugs fixed like connect class for super fish hover state, prevent empty footer widgets markup and more. All the changes listed below:
Genesis Framework 2.3 Changeling
New and Improved
- A CHANGELOG.md file for the project. (yay!)
- Simplified the stylesheet, removed unnecessary styles to discourage use as an active theme.
- Update to normalize.css 4.1.1.
- Update our theme tags in style.css.
- Improve the look of the settings screens.
- Pass entry image link through the markup API.
- Add a toolbar link to CPT archive settings when viewing a CPT archive.
- Add shortcodes for the site title and home link.
- Enable after entry widget area for all post types via post type support.
- Hide layout selector when only one layout is supported.
- Use TinyMCE (visual editor) for archive intro text input.
- Allow foreign language characters in content limit functions.
- Add accessibility to the paginated post navigation.
- Allow adjacent single entry navigation via post type support.
- Added relative_depth parameter to date shortcodes.
- Use correct class for superfish hover state.
- Prevent empty footer widgets markup.
- Prevent empty spaces in the entry footer of CPTs.
- Prevent author shortcode from outputting empty markup when no author is assigned.
- Disable author box on entries where post type doesn’t support the author.
- Disable author shortcode output if the author is not supported by post type.
- Fix issue with no sitemap when running html5 and no a11y support for 404 pages.
- Exclude posts page from page selection dropdown in Featured Page widget.
All these changes & features make Genesis Framework a must-have theme framework while creating an SEO friendly & secure website in no time. So, what you are waiting for? Update Genesis Framework to the latest version as soon as possible. If you do not own the Genesis Framework, then you can get one for yourself by clicking on the link mentioned below:
If you have a query do let me know via comments!